7/18/2007

My gadgets

I have an unlocked quadband Motorola V3 Razr and participate with my family on a T-Mobile family plan. When I travel, I use pay-as-you-go SIM chips, and currently have them for about 6 different countries. Service everywhere else, even India, is far superior to what is available in the US, particularly with respect to coverage areas. I recently got a Nokia N800, which now has Skype, so I can make VoIP calls whenever I have a wireless connection. The N800 also has a webcam, so I can make video calls, too. It's a very good alternative (cheaper, too) to the iPhone, which only offers the inferior AT&T EDGE connectivity under terrible terms and conditions. I'm a big fan of the Mac, back to the original 128k machine, and couldn't live without my MacBook Pro, but the shortcomings of the iPhone, at least for now, will make me wait for 2.0.

No comments: