3/16/2007

Jabra JX10 Wireless Cell Phone Headset

It's as small as they say which is nice. It can be stored just about anywhere without being bulky. The ear clip is nicely moldable to hold onto your ear well. I don't feel it fits me well but I don't fear losing it with a head turn like I did with an old Motorola 850, and to be honest I feel most ear bud/ear phones don't fit me well. I found it easy to pair to my phone (Verizon XV6700) and the range has been good for me, but I don't tend to walk away from my phone much. The buttons are well placed and easy to get to (only three main buttons), but using them is a bit confusing as the main button has multiple uses depending on how long you hold it.

I consistently have trouble getting it to connect to my phone if it's off when I receive a call but then want to use the headset. There's a three second hold to turn on the unit, a greater than one second hold to do other stuff (redial), a quick click to pick up and hang up... Maybe there could have been a second button to distribute the load of functions? Incoming call clarity has been perfect, though as it sits a bit far away from my ear (see earlier comments about my fit issues) it often sounds a bit quiet. I use it almost exclusively in my car so ambient noise is always an issue. Even so, with few exceptions callers or call recipients have had very few problems hearing me when using the headset.




No comments: