3/13/2007

Get back to me with iPhone 2

I'm an Apple junkie going all the way back to the System 7 days. I currently use multiple Macs, have an Airport hub, and am on my second (probably not last) iPod. I have drunk deep of the Kool-ade, and asked for seconds. You will seldom find a bigger Apple zealot than me. OS X is justification for the very existence of Western Civilization. Steve Jobs is my hero. While I would not blow him, I would make arrangements for him to be blown at my own expense if he asked me to, merely out of gratitude for the ways in which his company has improved my life.

But there's no way in hell I'm buying into the at&t EDGE network plan to use this phone. If I could have just bought the phone and relied of free Wi-Fi hotspots for data use (and preferably drop my T-Mobile SIM into it and keep my current plan), I would have gladly dropped far more than the $600 price tag to snap one of these things up. OS X "Lite" on a hand-held? Are you kidding me? Even without the phone, I would want it. The other shortcoming is that the "best iPod we ever made" as Steve calls it, lacks enough storage for my music collection, let alone video files. But as it is... Screw it. I'll keep toting around my 5th Gen 80GB iPod and my RAZR. Get back to me with iPhone 2, and if there are fewer ties to a ridiculously expensive (for what it is) phone/data service, I'll consider it.




No comments: