6/27/2007

The multi-touch screen is really the only major hardware component the iPhone has over existing devices

In the future, we will see a slew of applications for Windows Mobile smartphones and Pocket PCs containing the exact same feature set and interface as the iPhone's software. The multi-touch screen is really the only major hardware component the iPhone has over existing devices, so its primarily a matter of software, which we'll see shortly.

There are two deal-breakers for me with the iPhone: It has to sync with Exchange directly (no, not just IMAP, but calendaring as well), and it must work with my car's Bluetooth module. The former is because that's the only way I'll get my boss to let me get one instead of a Blackberry; the latter is because no $600 phone, no matter how insanely great, will get me to get rid of a $45K car.

No comments: