5/15/2007

Managing your MiniSD

First and foremost, your computer needs to have a SD memory slot or you need to have a USB SD card reader. USB SD card readers can be purchased just about anywhere, CompUSA or anglomall.com would be my first recommendations. Next, if you have the reader and adapter, and you open My Computer and don't see a new drive appear, then either the reader is not installed properly (some readers require drivers to be loaded prior to using the first time) or your SD memory card is faulty. To check and see if the mini-SD chip is ok, install it in your phone, and then you can go to Settings and Tools, and there should be a Memory selection. If you see Card Memory, then the phone is actually reading the chip.

I have the Krazor K1M with a 1 GB mini-SD memory card. When I first installed the card, I got the Card Memory option, which I did not have before that. I was later loading songs onto my phone and started to get lock-ups due to a communication error between the computer and phone. Eventually, I got fed up with the lock ups, put the SD memory in the computer and completely erased all of the folders and files that were on the card. Reinstalled it in the phone, it re-initialized the memory card, put the folders on it that it required and I have not had a problem with it since.

No comments: