4/29/2007

Nokia CA-53 Connectivity Cable

There's not really much to say about a simple data cable. It does what it should, namely transferring data back and forth between a Nokia cell phone and a computer. Just plug one end into the phone and the USB end into the computer. Software can be downloaded from the Nokia website, although to transfer files such as images and music, you can go into "My Computer" in Windows - the phone, when connected, appears as a storage device.

I believe when purchased from Nokia, this cable is $59. That's insane. Just shop around on the internet and you can find it for under $10 WITH shipping. And we're talking genuine Nokia cable, not a generic copy.

I considering purchasing a Bluetooth adapter for my computer to facilitate data transfers instead, but it was more expensive than the cable. Granted, the Bluetooth adapter may be handier later if I get more Bluetooth devices, but for now, this is fine.

No comments: