12/19/2007

IE8 passes the ACID2 test

It's good to see that IE8 passes the ACID2 test, but is it really completely standards compliant yet? And, as others have pointed out, what will happen to all the pages designed to run in IE before, will they design a system in the program that lets it render the "broken" code correctly? It's great, from a design perspective, that Microsoft finally ironed out this particular bug, but there are plenty more, and a lot more than will spring up, after this.

My final wish is that IE8 will work with WinXP. If it's Vista only, all of my enthusiasm is deflated. I want IE8 to be available to all modern Windows users. Scratch that, I want IE8 to be forced on all WindowsXP users and higher. Stick it in XP SP3 and make it a mandatory part of the service pack.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Author prodrev.blogspot.com !
On your place I would address for the help in search engines.